Wednesday, August 9, 2017
Tuesday, June 7, 2016
Today’s Highlights; Mimbres Region Arts Council Annual Meeting, Public Forum: "Civil Rights Reloaded.",
- Today A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after noon. Mostly sunny, with a high near 84. Southeast wind 7 to 11 mph.
- Tonight A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms before midnight. Partly cloudy, with a low around 61. Southeast wind 7 to 11 mph.
Thursday, August 22, 2013The Silver City Food Co-op Summer Member Appreciation Day. This time only, members will save 15% on all items in the store, instead of the usual 10%.
Grant County Commission Regular Meeting. 9 a.m. Grant County Administration Building, 1400 Hwy 180 East, Silver City. Meeting agenda can be found at: www.grancountynm.org
Mimbres Region Arts Council Annual Meeting. 5:30-7p.m. Volunteer Center Commons, 501 E. 13th St. This event is open to the public and MRAC welcomes members and encourages them to bring friends. Anyone interested in learning about the Arts Council and its mission come on down for some engaging community fun. Free. (575) 538-2505. www.mimbresarts.org.
Gila Cardiology Open House. 4 - 5:30 PM. La Montaño Plaza, 1302 East 32nd St., Silver City. Come meet Dr. Norman Ratliff, Gila Regional’s Cardiologist, and his staff at their new office. Light Refreshments will be provided. For information about the Open House Call (575) 538-4067
Public Forum: "Civil Rights Reloaded." 6:00PM, WNMU Miller Library. Do we need a new civil rights movement? The panel will include Dr. Brante Dashiell, Linda Pecotte, Athena Wolf, Dr. Magdaleno Manzanarez, Lupe Cano, and moderator Dr. Jorge Ortego. Sponsored by the GC Democratic Party, Miller Library, WNMU Native American club and MEChA. Dinner served afterwards. More information at 505-717-4330.
Don Beams (Folk). 6:30 p.m., Diane’s Restaurant. Free.
at 1:52 PM
Lots of great stuff happening in Silver City...
Tuesday, June 7
- Celebrate Recovery 6 PM, 22 Kirkland Road, New Hope Fellowship. A safe place to go for dealing with hurts, habits, hang-ups, addictions and life set backs. Celebrate Recovery will teach you to make the healing choices that are needed to set you free.Our meetings are on Tuesday nights, beginning at 6 PM with dinner. At 7 we worship and hear a short lesson. At 8 we have confidential sharing. 575-654-6564 or 575-654-0963 ALL ARE WELCOME!
- Weight Watchers 6 PM at First Presbyterian Church, 1915 North Swan (Annex)
- Diane’s Parlor-Live Music 6:30 PM, 510 N Bullard, Diane’s Parlor. Scott van Linge, blues, folk, country and rock 'n' roll oldies.
at 1:46 PM
Thursday, August 15, 2013
Today’s Highlights; Open House for the Mustang Village student apartments,
Amos Torres (Back Porch Blues).
Amos Torres (Back Porch Blues).
- Today Isolated showers and thunderstorms. Mostly sunny, with a high near 84. Light and variable wind becoming south around 6 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Tonight Isolated showers and thunderstorms. Partly cloudy, with a low around 62. South southwest wind 5 to 7 mph becoming northwest after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Today’s CalendarThursday, August 15, 2013
Raw for Life (Silver City Food Co-op’s August Community Forum). 12 (noon) – 1pm. Silver City Co-op’s Community Room. Class on Raw Foods, presented Marie & Rod Schabloski. Learn about the benefits of filling your diet with live raw foods. All community forums are FREE & OPEN to everyone. Light refreshments will be served. 388-2343.
Open House for the Mustang Village student apartments. 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. WNMU Campus. The public will get to experience the first phase of the Mustang Village apartment that includes 35 apartment units and a total of 175 beds. The apartment units are structured to have five bedrooms, two bathrooms, a living room and a kitchenette.
Amos Torres (Back Porch Blues). 6:30 p.m., Diane’s Restaurant. Free.
Corazones Unidos. 6 p.m. GRMC Board Room. 1313 E. 32nd St. Cardiac Support group. Nancy Cliff presents Grant County Trails - Get your Trail Guide. 388-1198.
Gentle Yoga. 12:45 pm-1:45 pm Active & Alive 538-4826, Good Shepherd Episcopal Church parish hall, enter through parking lot at 6 & Arizona Sts.
St Vincent de Paul Bingo. 6 pm, CYO hall, 207 W Market.Qigong 6:30-7:30pm classes held at the Abundance Therapeutics Studio 109 N Bullard, Space C www.abundancetherapeutics.com Martha K. Everett, LMT and Certified Qigong Instructor
at 3:42 AM