Today’s Highlights; Silver City Farmer's Market"Art in the Barn" Summerfest.Greenwood Misses.
It seemed like the monsoon were slowing down... but today we have a hazardous weather outlook for today.
- Today Scattered showers and thunderstorms. Partly sunny, with a high near 82. East wind 11 to 16 mph becoming south in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 23 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Tonight Scattered showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 60. South wind 7 to 14 mph becoming north after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
Today’s CalendarSaturday, August 10, 2013
- Silver City Farmer's Market, 8:30a.m. - 12p.m. Between 7th & 8th St. alongside Big Ditch Park (right off Bullard). Fresh produce, locally grown plants, herbal products, eggs, locally farmed meats, baked goods and more! Support your local farmers! Enjoy the music by Amos Torres! Linda 575-654-4104
- Breath Empowerment With Martha K. Everett 10 am-12pm. Integrative Health & Wellness Center, 310 W. 6th Street, Silver City. Unlock your inner Warrior through the power of your own breath. Flood your body with healing oxygen and enjoy a heightened-sense of peace, energy and vitality. Spaces are limited, so advanced registration is required. $20. More info at 575-388-2098 or www.abundancetherapeutics.com
- Craft Class: Medicine Pouch 10 am to 12 noon at the Silver City Museum, 312 W. Broadway. For crafters aged 8 and older, $5, pre-registration encouraged. Parent or guardian attendance required. For more information call 538-5921 or go to www.silvercitymuseum.org
- "Art in the Barn" Summerfest. 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. The Red Barn Steakhouse. 708 Silver Heights Blvd. Fine arts and crafts sponsored by Grant County Art Guild, a "Tasting" sponsored by the Red Barn Steakhouse and featuring beverages from area breweries & wineries. Free.
- Greenwood Misses. 6 p.m., Diane’s Restaurant. Free.
- The "Outlaw" Encore Presentation. 6 p.m. Silco Theater, 311 N. Bullard St. 1943 movie starring Jane Russell. A compelling but offbeat, movie about "Billy the Kid". Doors open at 5:30. Fund Raiser for Silco Renovations. Ticket Price $15.
- The Ghost Mural is entitled "Art and Africa" by Dayna and Rudy Griego. At Dark (8:45pm).It is projected LARGE on the outside of the Gila Theater across from 103 West Kelly. The event is FREE, casual, and offers a glimpse into earlier work by established area artists. Conversation is encouraged. For more information, call 575-534-2087.
- The Roadrunners, Rock & Blues. 7:30 p.m. Buckhorn Saloon. Free.
- Fabric and Yarn Sale to benefit the Southwest Women's Fiber Arts Collective. 8 am to 5 pm. The Common Thread, 107 Broadway (across from the Palace Hotel), Silver City. Quality selection at great prices.